Wednesday 5 March 2008

A food post!

Ok.. I really wanted to take a photo of my dinner and post it up as I realised that I haven't been doing food posts for a long time. Unfortunately, my camera battery died on me and thus I am unable to make you all salivate all over your keyboard. I'll just go on and describe what I cooked.

Baked Chicken Stuffed with Ham and Mozzarella Cheese with Broccoli, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Butter Rice. 

First, to remind myself, never ever buy Tesco's chicken anymore. Just shop in Sainsbury's.

On to the recipe:

First, clean chicken (I used thighs). Then pulling the skin away from the meat (but do not tear the skin away, only make a space between the skin and meat), stuff it with ham and cheese (actually you can stuff it with anything you like). Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on top of the chicken to taste.

Wash broccoli, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cut to desired size and put together with chicken into the tray.

Rice. Put cooked rice into the tray and a bit of butter over it. You can put butter over the broccoli and mushrooms as well. Also sprinkle sea salt and pepper to taste. Crush some garlic and put them on the rice and around the chicken (everywhere basically.. lol)

When you're done, put everything into the oven that has been preheated to 200 degrees Celsius. Bake for around half an hour (basically just check how it is cooking).

That was what I did. What you should do is, put the rice later on in the baking process as it might just burn. I had to take the rice out early before continuing to brown my chicken. hehe...

Should've taken a photo... Description of the recipe probably won't make you drool..

No comments: