Monday 17 March 2008

Easter Break

Today is the start of the Easter Break. And frankly, I'm already bored. There are things I should be doing but progress is slow. But at least I managed to tidy my room today.

Went to the dentist today. Left house around 11.35am (my appointment was at 11.50) and was rushing to the dentist, and manage to reach there with 5 minutes to spare to catch my breath. I sat down, and was immediately called in (guess the dentist was very free today). It took less than 5 minutes to ask me what's wrong, check my wisdom tooth, and pronounce to me that I need to take antibiotics again and this time is referring me to the hospital where they will decide whether or not to extract my wisdom tooth (teeth). Apparently there's a waiting list of 3-4 months, so am now wondering what to do about it if the appointment falls in summer where I will not be here in Nottingham. Forgot to ask the dentist about it. Oh well, just have to wait til I get the letter from the hospital.

More food photos now:

Baked Salmon glazed with Honey, Shallots, Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar. Sides: Baked potatoes, baby corn and asparagus.DSC03295

Black Vinegar Noodles with Spinach and Egg (also shallots and spring onions.)

DSC03299

Rather ugly-looking kuih kodok. A recipe that I got from some Malaysian food blog. 

Kuih kodok is some kind of banana-made er.. kuih.. A bit like banana fritters but the banana is incorporated into the whole batter. I think it's suppose to be rounder and not so flat, but since I was trying not to use so much oil to deep-fry, it turned out to be flat. It tastes a bit like banana pancakes. Only decided to take photos of it after I had eaten most of it.

DSC03297

I can't wait for my Cornwall trip next week!

No comments: