Monday 29 September 2008

First day of classes

Today we had our first day of 4th year. And boy, were we bombarded by the fact that we are doing our MASTERS year. More of student directed learning instead of guidance by the lecturer. Projects, patient interviews, lots of studying...... and the all overwhelming decision on whether to take a 40 credit research module or a 60 credit extended one during the last semester. What if I make the wrong choice?

Moreover, there's the terrible fact that we have to work when we graduate from university. What if I make a mistake? What if everyone looks to me for answers and I don't have it and I look stupid? What if I accidentally made a major error and resulted in dire consequences and I'll have to live with that guilt forever?

I think it's better if I just continue to study all my life without having to go out into the working life. That way, I won't have to worry so much about the other things, will I? And life will be much simpler if I could manipulate time and go to any time I wish to go to.

No comments: