Tuesday 22 July 2008

My Blog's Birthday

I just realise that today marks the birthday of my blog. Well, I thought I missed the date but apparently not.

I started this blog a year ago in a small internet cafe in Edinburgh, to post up all the photos I've taken and blog about what I am doing, in and around the UK (well, not so much around UK.. not so much in UK as well), so I could keep my family updated.

I did not really think I could keep this blog running as I tried once or twice before with only a couple of post before forgetting about it completely. And before the invention of blogs, I tried keeping diaries which was an utter failure. I did not have the patience to sit down and write about what was happening in my life when it was just routine. (Blogs are the same as diaries, only that they are more public, right?)

I wrote more posts when I was in UK as it was a deviation in my life. Something different that I was living through and I felt the need to document it. Different cultures, food and people. But back here in Kuching, most things become routine again. And there is so much more interesting things to do, such as the wonderful tv and astro and cantonese dramas and also hanging out with family. While in the UK I spent most time hanging out with my laptop and the WWW.

So, I won't let this blog die away but as you would have already found out, there are only minimal postings throughout this summer. I'll try to crack my brain and see what I can find but I won't promise.

So happy birthday blog. Maybe when I have the time I will try and see if there are any interesting skins for this site.

No comments: