Friday 21 November 2008

Hearing experiment

I went to volunteer as a subject for a hearing experiment today, with money being the primary motivator for me to join. It was a two hour experiment based on hearing and whether training improves hearing.

First, I had my hearing tested where I had to press a button if I hear a sound and let it go when I don't. And fortunate to say, I have good hearing.

Next, a little game was played where I had to identify which one of the character emitted a different pitch compared to the others. I don't know how much can I actually say anything about this experiment but one thing for sure, is that the characters had really sleepy eyes. They made me feel like sleeping as well. It got a bit tedious at the end where they used the same characters over and over again.

Anyway, I was paid quite well for my time there. Maybe I should go for another one next time.

No comments: