Thursday 10 February 2011

My week

I’ve had quite a good week… well.. interesting more like…

Firstly, I had a patient who told me he doesn’t take opium anymore when I asked him what medicines he takes. Says it makes him sick. So I asked him if that’s why they stopped giving him opium.. LOL.. funny patients like that Open-mouthed smile

Next, I had a patient on theophylline already and doctors prescribed some aminophylline infusion!!!! Good thing the nurse came to ask me what the prescription said cause she couldn’t read it. Patient was tachycardic so I had no idea why the doctor wanted to give aminophylline infusion when there were no levels taken!

Then, I had to call someone up. The patient was a 1 yr old baby who used to have jerky movements (the medical term eludes me), and parents didn’t speak English. They only spoke Mandarin. They had given the baby some unknown powder and we had to find out what it was. So I called the dad up and asked him where he got it from. Apparently he got it from China from a well-known Chinese physician who treated a lot of cases similar to the baby’s. So they had been giving the baby some combination of pearl powder and unknown substances. Apparently it helped… cool… Well, I kept trying to think of how to say all the medical terms in mandarin… and I still have no idea how to!!

Yesterday, a doctor said I was her favourite pharmacist……

 

yea… life is great…

3 comments:

-HanWee- said...

actually the main focus of this post is on the second last sentence.... :P

Unknown said...

muahahaha... i wrote the rest up the other day.. and just added that in.. LOL!

Anonymous said...

辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友 , 辣妹視訊交友