Tuesday 29 December 2009

The year 2009

It has been an exciting year. It started off with exams that marked the end of the 1st semester of 4th year, and into the 2nd semester of 4th year where we did research which was fun. I liked the electives that I chose and the knowledge that I have gained from those modules, I have been able to use them now.

Then came summer, where I went home. That marks the last summer holidays that I will ever have. No more long holidays after that. When else can you get 3 months of doing nothing now that we are working?

July brings in our graduation ceremony. 4 years of studying comes down to a day of celebration. I had my parents and Gaby with me, and also friends all around. What more can I ask for?

I moved from Nottingham, away for what was familiar, to Hereford. A small town in the middle of nowhere. Nobody knows where Hereford is. Absolutely nobody. And why did I come here? Because sadly they were the only hospital that gave me an offer. Do I regret it? No. I like it here. I like my colleagues, who are sometimes slightly crazy.

What don’t I like about Hereford? Is that it is in the middle of nowhere. It is just very difficult to travel out of Hereford. Fine, there is a direct train to Manchester. There is also a direct train to Cardiff. But no direct trains to anywhere my friends are hiding. They just hide too far away.

Getting my first pay was a good thing as well. Being able to spend money on things I want. But in it comes plenty of responsibilities as well. Bills to pay, money to save…. ohh… I don’t have enough money to spare.

So I’ve been busy working while the time is creeping. And then comes Christmas. I had a fun time with Ruth’s family. They are really great people. I liked the small family celebration that they had. And seeing her children, who are quite grown up, saying mummy mummy mummy all the time. Makes me miss my mummy and family.

Oh.. and a text message from an unknown person who wished me happy birthday and when I replied asking who he was, he said he was my brother, Steven. How did Santa know I wanted a brother for Christmas? (Anyway, found out he texted the wrong number, oh well…). Mummy.. can you find me an elder brother somewhere? Seems fun to have an elder brother…

Then comes the end of the year. Will be going to London. Hopefully to meet up with lots of friends and chat about nothing. Oooo.. I’m looking forward to that.

Many other things happen during this year but I cannot remember all to list it all down. All in all, I think it was a great year! May next year be as good as this year. Maybe another change in where I live? Maybe another country? We will just have to wait and see….

Happy New Year to all of you! May 2010 bring good days to all.

No comments: