Sunday 4 October 2009

Work and rainbows

As usual, I begin by saying that I have lapsed in updating my blog and probably lost all my readers by now (if i even had some in the first place). So what has been happening in my life since the last time I had updated?

I’ve dispensed lots of medicine, seen lots of drug charts, dealt with lots of CDs and made quite a few phone calls. I’ve taken a week’s leave to visit London and Manchester. And just got back from Bristol today.

I’ve met different patients in the wards – some funny, some just sad. An old lady saying that her parents would be terribly worried as they don’t know where she is. Another who doesn’t know where she is. One who says thank you for making sure that she is well taken care of. One who roamed around the ward humming and not uttering a single word.

Dispensary – the place where everything happens. The stress, the laughter, the gossips. Worst of all, the phones that never seem to stop ringing. And the loud bell that people ring to catch our attention, and makes us all jump.

I’m enjoying my work. Everyday is not the same. I get to learn something new everyday. How to fill in a form. When to fill in a form. How to take in card payments. How to deal with discrepancies.

My colleagues are mostly very friendly and helpful people. But there are always exceptions to the rule. There’s one who people say are very friendly, but I have yet to see a side of her which is. Another that just shows a sour face most of the time and whom we did not know her name until quite recently. Another who i get annoyed with as she asks questions that she should know and do not seem to act responsibly. I have ranted these problems with friends and have thus find no reason to post them here again.

Anyway, here’s a rainbow for you. I took it while on the train to Bristol. The sight was amazing. It was all misty and hazy while you look out in the country side. And in the corner, a rainbow appears. It made me wish that I was outside there where nature was painting and not stuck in a noisy train.

DSC05097

No comments: